[kj] Tomorrow's World & Technology (Re: Strange Events)

Lennonka lennonka at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 15:19:09 EST 2007

: D Good one.

I see the positive issues as well, for example - combining human neural
system and IT, biologic computing [games with DNA, ad hoc design of
medicaments...], nanotechnologies, further growth of computer chips... all
this has an unbelievable potential (also in bussiness!).

However, danger and usefullness grow with the same scale.

> "it's pretty hard to predict what may happen with technology in the

future"

Yes, but there's a method for making scenarios of few possible future
time-lines.
It's a method used by companies to make management decisions [Shell uses it,
for example].
When I was studying in the Netherlands, we were trying to make such
scenarios and watch the ethic and social aspects of the new technology
public usage. [Some middle way between Utopia and Distopia [the worst
case].]
It gives a glimpse of possibilities - pros and contras.
I just wonder if people who advertise the newest technologies for bringing
it to use, do use it and are aware of consequences. However, nobody will
stop the progress - regardless of the direction.

"Enjoy (y)ourselves. This is (y)our new age!"

Lenn

PS. I think that the only way to be safe [with technologies or without] is
to "illuminate" the whole humankind.
But most of it is still kept in deep hypnotized sleepwalk. This is the real
"Matrix".