[kj] American Hardcore documentary posted on YouTube

LONESTYLE at aol.com LONESTYLE at aol.com
Mon Mar 26 20:42:07 EDT 2007

Oliver,

As for me I grew up in that era of HC bands and saw many back in their
heyday coming to L.A. as Minor Threat, Black Flag, AOF, MDC, DOA, Die Kreuzen,
COC, SSD, etc. The book for in my opinion it is crap and has so many mistakes
about back then. The movie is not too bad. But it should have focus a bit
more on other scenes has of Chicago, Midwest, Up the Northern West Coast, etc.
Too much Ian and Henry. I would have loved to see more of Vic Bondi of AOF.
Great front man and very wise dude! Seeing Middle Class in it was cool.

By the way John Stabb of Government Issue is a good friend of mine and said
Steven Blush was not a big dent on the DC scene and only managed No Trend.
The stuff written in the book about GI is untrue. It is pretty stupid not to
talk to John for he is full of great knowledge of the scene back then. He has
been writing a book for some years now about GI and it has yet to see the light
of day. There is some really funny shit in it!

Now the book to read is "Going Underground (American Punk 1979-1992)'' By
George Hurchalla who put the book out himself. Very well done and so much
better than "American HC." Lots of info and true at that. Get it! ; )

~ LB

In a message dated 3/26/2007 6:34:14 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,