[kj] back to woik!!!

Mister Black mrblack_000 at fsmail.net
Sat Jul 21 07:39:27 EDT 2007

"So why does the US also support many oppressive regimes, e.g. Turkey, Egypt, Saudi Arabia"

Well , as you did ask Greg: I would nt use the word "support" I will say that the word "relations" is more appropriate , *So why does the US have relations with many oppressive regimes, e.g. Turkey, Egypt, Saudi Arabia* , well for starters I would nt call Turkey an oppressive regime , It isn't as open as some other Countries , but calling it an oppressive regime is incorrect . Turkey is in the process of applying to join the E.U and Turkey is working towards putting its house in order .
The U.S has relations with Saudi (which could be labelled as an oppressive regime) because the opposition group in Saudi is Al-Queda , if the Saudi Government fell, then Al-Queda could step in and take its place . Egypt has a similar scenario , the Egyptian opposition is also an extremist group .
That is why the U.S Government has relations with these Governments, because the alternative is even worse

Message Received: Jul 20 2007, 06:21 PM