[kj] back to oil!!!

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 23 06:20:57 EDT 2007

That's how I feel about Mr. Black:

"'Nothing is more provoking, when we are arguing against a man with
reasons and explanations, and taking all pains to convince him, than to
discover at last that he will not understand, that we are simply facing
his will not to." - Schopenhauer

Or as George Orwell put it:

""[W]e are all capable of believing things which we know to be untrue,
and then, when we are finally proved wrong, impudently twisting the
facts so as to show that we were right. Intellectually, it is possible
to carry on this process for an indefinite time: the only check on it is
that sooner or later a false belief bumps up against solid reality,
usually on a battlefield."

Yup, that's how it goes. Fuck the truth. I won't give an inch, even if
I'm wrong, etc.

-Oliver