[kj] 1000 SUNS Outside Gate and PHANTASMAGORIA

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 27 12:44:15 EST 2007

In my teens I went through a heavy, heavy Misfits phase. (This was
before the Newfits was a glimmer in Jerry Only's eyes). I bought these
shitty 4th generation quality VHS tapes of live Misfits shows to watch.
Ah, finally, seeing my heroes on TV! Well, not only did the picture
quality suck -- but, yes, the Misfits did suck live, sonically.
Nevertheless, their stage performance and get up and whole "shtick" (if
I may use that word) was impressive.

You really only need to hear their _Evilive_ LP ('82 or so) to see how
much they sucked live. Henry Rollins guest vocals near the end of the
album, but it doesn't help much.

-Oliver