[kj] Pantera (WAS: 1000 SUNS Outside Gate and PHANTASMAGORIA)

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 27 12:39:53 EST 2007

Alex,

You paid close attention when I said Decline 2 sucked ("BUT YOU SAID
YOU'VE NEVER SEEN IT OLIVER!" - zing!) so I am surprised you didn't pay
such laserlike attention to my earlier posts where I've said I LIKE
metal a la Hellhammer, Celtic Frost, Motorhead, a lot of NWOBHM stuff,
early Venom, etc. Remember, I even compared some stuff on Hosannas
favorably to Motorhead and the bassline on the title song of Hosannas to
the bass line on Venoms song "Sons of Satan." I love very early Metallica.

I just don't like Pantera.

I'm not in the hair salon as much as the people you've posted pics of on
your blog. And making fun of hair is fun. FYI: I didn't invent the
description "hair metal," someone else did.

The mourning I saw of Dimebag was along these lines:
http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/A60919/high/bmepb357260.jpg

Especially here in Dallas where he lived. It was pretty nauseating.

-Oliver