[kj] 1000 SUNS Outside Gate and PHANTASMAGORIA

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 26 12:26:41 EST 2007

I think we all agree on this. The Newfits are a horrible, horrible
blight on humanity and should never have happened.

What makes it worse is that when you tell younger folks/kids you like
The Misfits and they mainly know that band as the newer stuff and assume
that's who you mean. It sucks to have to explain to them, no, my friend,
there was another, a REAL Misfits band, that was actually very good,
from 1977-1983, with a different singer, etc. All the Danzig-less
Misfits stuff is crap. Just like you have to tell them a lot of times
that hardcore punk is not Avenged Sevenfold or AFI or I am Ghost or kids
wearing Old Navy hooies and wearing big white belts in girl pants
playing shrieking screamo to dissonant, slow metal.

-Oliver