[kj] 1000 SUNS Outside Gate and PHANTASMAGORIA

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 26 18:38:50 EST 2007

Misfits form day one of the reformation were awful. i was never really a fan
to begin wit but I can see the eraly attraction. When they first came
around this band I was in was playing a festival and it was supposed to be
over with and everyone cleared out by 11 PM. Very strict. So the Misfits
INSISTED that all of the bands leading up to them were done by 9 PM.
9 PM Neurosis finish.
10 PM nothing
10:30 PM the Gar light drum kits and amps are setup
11:45 still nothing
11:50 they come on and it was the most rediculous Van Halen_Roth_era_esque
crap I have ever witnessed. They might as well have been a 80s hair metal.
Leg kicks, explosions, the whole nine yards. the only one that wasn't doing
it was the singer. And they sounded awful. And not, the sound guy sucks
this venue sucks, I mean they were rocking out so hard that they were
missing notes all over the place. And no offense but this is not King
Crimson or anything. I insisted on leaving. It was completely pointless
and if I was a fan I would have been crushed.

I did see them again for the Fiendfest several years back. I was ONLY there
for the Danmed, D.I. and the Dickies. They had the japanese band Balzac
(Misfits tribute band) and they were 1000 times better than the real deal.
And by this time Jerry was the only one left and he looked like a retardoo
wrestler.

uggh the Misfits suck

Chris