[kj] OT Jet Boy jet Girl Pepsi Ad

Jerry Butson jerry at fleamusic.com
Tue Feb 20 06:12:41 EST 2007

There's a common misconception that, if so-and-such a song appears in a
commercial or on a compilation, it must have been approved by whoever wrote
and/or recorded it. This is not usually the case. Depending on which Fall or
Buzzcocks song it is the respective label and publisher would probably agree
a deal between them and the advertiser and not even consult the artist
unless they're a company with (a) morals and (b) a current relationship with
the artist beyond the bi-annual statement showing how much money the artist
still owes them and/or (c) a contract that says they must consult the
artist.

Which songs are we talking about here?

jerry