[kj] Killing joke and Communism

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 21 18:26:00 EDT 2007

I can't stand Libertarians (in the US; in other parts of the world the
word signifies left-anarchism; in the US it's the "anti-big government"
party with a big govt. statue as its motto).

While Libs are good on social/cultural issues, like legalizations of
drugs, eliminating laws that make homosexuality illegal, prostitution,
etc., they are HORRIBLE when it comes to economics.

They are against the idea of a minimum wage; they are against any laws
that support a 40 hour work week, basically which would eliminate
weekends; they are against social insurance of any kind, like Social
Security, which tens of millions of elederly Americans depend on for a
living; against prescription drug assistance; they oppose the EPA; they
do not want government oversight or public accountability for corporate
behavior (the corporations will presumably police themselves); and they
do not want the Food & Drug Administration.

If they were consistent they would also oppose patent and copyright
laws, oppose state-granted corporate charters, would oppose the military
and indeed the whole military industrial complex, would support cuts in
the police force and reduce the size of the Army, and get rid of a lot
of prisons -- but a lot of their "anti-big government rhetoric"
translates into "anti-big government when it seems to benefit for the
poor or working class; but a blind eye on government that it
militaristic and kicks peoples' asses."

There's a reason Libertarians have come to be called pot-smoking
Republicans.

And Ron paul sucks.

-Oliver