[kj] Rudimentary Peni

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 20 13:12:58 EDT 2007

The "chorus" of "Universe B" is the "crazed couplet" from HP Lovecraft's
necromancer, Abdul Alhzared: "That is not dead which can eternal lie/
And in strange aeons death may die." Metallica and Rudimentary Peni have
used that line, too.

I've read/have a copy of Primal Screamer. It's okay. Not worth the
ludicrous prices 3rd party sellers are wanting for it on Amazon. They
need to make a new printing to undercut those vultures.

-Oliver

Blazingstar418 wrote:

> Jaz is also a big Kenneth Grant fan which is prolly

> more likely where the Universe B. ramblings come from.

> "Daäth is the gateway to the 'other' world - Universe

> 'B' — sentinelled by the Beast 666 [...] hence its

> association with death as the formula of transition

> form the phenomenal world of appearance to its source

> in noumenon; the absence of the apparent and the

> presence of the real.

> — Kenneth Grant

> Nightside of Eden"

> More Here:

> http://www.kiva.net/~julianus/typhonian.html

> Or the basic overview:

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Grant

> Oh boy, is *THIS* going to open up a can of

> worms.....

> Or at least it's going to drag up the carcass of

> Crowley again. ;)

> I'm a huge Peni fan too btw!

> Has anyone else read Nick Blinko's book "The Primal

> Screamer"?

> A L P

> --- "B. Oliver Sheppard" <bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net>

> wrote:

>> Oddly, that was the 1st Rudi Peni LP I got, on

>> cassette, which has a

>> diff. cover than the LP, apparently. I loved it, but

>> am also an HPL fan.

>> (I notice Jaz used HP Lovecraft lyrics in "Universe

>> B," btw.)

>> I like Rudi Peni's 80s stuff, ending with Cacophony,

>> a lot. I dislike

>> most of their 90s stuff. But everything since 2000

>> has been surprisingly

>> good.

>> -Oliver

>> Peter Moltesen wrote:

>>> I love Cacophony too, but accept that this may

>> have more to do with

>>> my H P Lovecraft fixation

>>> Peter