[kj] Rudimentary Peni

Blazingstar418 blazingstar418 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 13:36:44 EDT 2007

The first place that I'd heard the Universe B.
reference (in regards to KJ) was in Jaz's spoken bit
in "The year of the Devil" film.

Anybody got that online somewhere?

He talks about Da'ath and going down the snake (ie:
the tree of Life diagram) etc.

I bow to your Lovecraftian Knowledge though, it far
outweighs my own. ;)

And, agreed.
The prices are fairly ridiculous for TPS!

A L P

--- "B. Oliver Sheppard" <bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

> The "chorus" of "Universe B" is the "crazed couplet"

> from HP Lovecraft's

> necromancer, Abdul Alhzared: "That is not dead which

> can eternal lie/

> And in strange aeons death may die." Metallica and

> Rudimentary Peni have

> used that line, too.

> I've read/have a copy of Primal Screamer. It's okay.

> Not worth the

> ludicrous prices 3rd party sellers are wanting for

> it on Amazon. They

> need to make a new printing to undercut those

> vultures.

> -Oliver

> Blazingstar418 wrote:

> > Jaz is also a big Kenneth Grant fan which is

> prolly

> > more likely where the Universe B. ramblings come

> from.

> > "Daäth is the gateway to the 'other' world -

> Universe

> > 'B' — sentinelled by the Beast 666 [...] hence its

> > association with death as the formula of

> transition

> > form the phenomenal world of appearance to its

> source

> > in noumenon; the absence of the apparent and the

> > presence of the real.

> > — Kenneth Grant

> > Nightside of Eden"

> > More Here:

> > http://www.kiva.net/~julianus/typhonian.html

> > Or the basic overview:

> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Grant

> > Oh boy, is *THIS* going to open up a can of

> > worms.....

> > Or at least it's going to drag up the carcass of

> > Crowley again. ;)

> > I'm a huge Peni fan too btw!

> > Has anyone else read Nick Blinko's book "The

> Primal

> > Screamer"?

> > A L P

> > --- "B. Oliver Sheppard"

> <bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net>

> > wrote:

> >> Oddly, that was the 1st Rudi Peni LP I got, on

> >> cassette, which has a

> >> diff. cover than the LP, apparently. I loved it,

> but

> >> am also an HPL fan.

> >> (I notice Jaz used HP Lovecraft lyrics in

> "Universe

> >> B," btw.)

> >> I like Rudi Peni's 80s stuff, ending with

> Cacophony,

> >> a lot. I dislike

> >> most of their 90s stuff. But everything since

> 2000

> >> has been surprisingly

> >> good.

> >> -Oliver

> >> have more to do with

"The scene was wild and somewhat sinister. The darkness, the palms, the mountainous background, the silent lake below, the impenetrable canopy of space, studded with secretive and significant stars, formed a stupendous setting for the savage noise and blaze of the ceremony."