[kj] My Facebook

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 14 18:03:35 EDT 2007

Just as many people think of Killing Joke as "some 80s band" that broke
up probably around 1987 (seriously, I have encountered this sentiment
more than I'd like to recount), Rudimentary Peni are also another band
that are, yes, STILL AROUND. Their last EP, the 10-song "Archaic," came
out in 2004.

And I'll be damned if "Archaic" is not some very good stuff. Probably
their best work since the 1980s. I think we're due for another Rudi Peni
release any time now. They said they'd release a new EP every 3 years or
so now that they're getting older and singer Nick Blinko's getting battier.

-Oliver