[kj] hes still a punk ;-)

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 9 22:23:16 EDT 2007

Also, here is a young John Lydon and Keith Levene, as PiL, in '78 or so,
on the late Tom Snyder's nightly talk show, being pretty "punk":

PART 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OirTyITUJ1Y

PART 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbZey9kBBvI

Has Lydon's comment about "they play rock and roll in airports now.
That's, like, about as far as it can progress." Well, I think it should
be a famous comment. Otherwise he's being sort of a douche to Tom, but
Tom is also being a douche, as most journos were to punk bands at that
time, almost reflexively acting like assholes around punk bands. They
should save it for the politicians.

-Oliver