[kj] CANDLELIGHT mailer says Jaz will do guest vox on upcoming October File tracks

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Wed Aug 8 16:25:59 EDT 2007

Sorry I should have explained that better, I didn't listen to the song, I
meant the song name reminded me of something emo, specifically some My
Chemical Romance Black Parade thing, which always reminded me of Queen's
March of the Black Queen, which I think is brilliant. The My Chemical
Romance song I think is crap.

I know hardly anything about emo except all the music I see on the telly
that qualifies as emo is shit. All sounds and looks and feels the same, I
hate the serious stuff and the 'ironic' stuff...perhaps there's something
worth listening to in the genre, dunno.

I'm seeing The Cure next week, that's far superior to me.

> Emo is the new goth, right? And it has nothing to do with the original

> emo core movement of '85 in DC (for ex:

> http://youtube.com/watch?v=mbdh0Qm_5A0), also? Or is nu-hardcore the new

> emo? Maybe the new screamo, post-Locust? How does it all work together

> any more?

> Emoth is alarming parents! See:

> http://www.cbs47.tv/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=64411

> -Oliver

> Brendan wrote:

>> In My Magnificent Crusade sounds pretty emo...

>> Mikey Michael Romance ;)

>>> The 3rd track on their MySpace page, "In My Magnificent Crusade," has a

>>> cool Stranglers-esque beginning but it quickly goes down the

>>> nu-hardcore

>>> toilet. They need to remove the nu-hardcore gloss or something. I'll