[kj] CANDLELIGHT mailer says Jaz will do guest vox on upcoming October File tracks

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 8 17:40:42 EDT 2007

This is a "Genealogy of Pop/Rock Music" wall chart/poster here you can
buy for "only" US $33:

http://www.historyshots.com/Rockmusic/index.cfm

It shows in the beginning, the 1950s, pioneers like Little Richard and
Carl Perkins, and at the end-line, which for this chart is 1980, folks
like John Travolta, Eddie Money, and Bonnie Tyler. Punk, post-punk,
etc., aren't even on the chart. Bowie is barely squeezed in at the margins.

The chart is not only proof that bands like Killing Joke had to happen,
but also I think good proof that there is no God. If there were a God,
after "John Travolta" at the end of the arc of pop/rock at 1980, there
would be a big mushroom cloud. But there isn't.

-Oliver