[kj] Top 10, post-Y2K

ade ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk
Wed Apr 4 17:05:17 EDT 2007

YES INDEEDY!

The whole obviousness of the retro thing going on these days is a total turn-off for me. "Ooh, why don't you
like Interpol?" Erm, maybe because they're such an obvious rip-off that it makes me cringe. Ian Curtis
vocals anyone? Editors, Killers, blah blah, on & on & on.....

I love post-punk - the modern rip-off merchants aren't really celebrating as much as trading on old glories
of pioneers. Pioneers that I never thought would get a listen, but I guess a few Editors fans will manage
to find 'Unknown Pleasures' & find out what the real deal is. Also, many of these retro c0cks just stick to
the poppy side of post-punk/alternative/indie, instead of making music that MEANS something. Get those
sale figures up, boys!