[kj] Democracy drumming........damn right!!!!!

Jiri unspeakable at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 16 12:46:11 EDT 2006

Larkin did the good stuff and Dugmore did the crap? But the Wikipedia
entry (of course it is just Wikipedia) Christof sent seems to indicate
the falling out with Larkin happened before Democracy was recorded, no?

Count me as a fan of Democracy (but I repeat myself) as a whole and a
fan of its drumming in parts. Always fun to see some others come out of
the woodwork to defend Democracy. Parts are boring drumming (which can
be said of all the instruments at various points), but many drumming
parts are perfect for the song (Pilgrimage). Though the drums on Aeon
are pretty straightforward/simple, I've tried, yet can't imagine how,
they might have been improved while still keeping the song's storming
quality.

For me, if Dugmore received a bad rep for Pandemonium (whose beats are
dominated by the electronica influence anyway), he redeemed himself with
Democracy.