[kj] Jaz Straw - veils/chastity belts/dark ages

flight Bringer flightbringer at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Oct 14 10:23:12 EDT 2006

"Lots of African women gladly go for circumcision and have their
clitorises cut out".

  I believe that this "operation" is carried out on children before they are
aware of the situation. They dont have a choice in the matter . I would say
that its all about Male domination over females , rather than beliefs about
cleanliness . Women are less likely to stray from their Husbands if they
dont have any urges in that department .
   Its an horrendous act of butchery and the pain must be immense for the
Children .
Which asks the question : Do we have a right to try and put a stop to this
practice , or is it interfering with other cultures .
  They also found the torso of an African boy in the Thames, he was the
victim of witchcraft , also Victoria Columby(sp!!) suffered an horrific
death due to relatives believe she was possessed.
  Do we have a right to impose our Western Christian standards on them , or
is it seen as imposing our values on other cultures ?
   Should we accept it ?