[kj] Jaz Straw

ade ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk
Wed Oct 11 18:01:09 EDT 2006

Whitey - I think it got the point across well ! :)

If you ordered food from a restaurant in Big Gay Paris, who compromises? The
dude expects you to
have made the effort, so you have to order in the local tongue. Otherwise
the face gets pulled & the
interest in your order wanes.. (from previous experience! :)

Seems pretty one-way too, but I think entirely fair & I don't see it as
prejudice - it's about making
the effort. I think compromises HAVE to be made when it comes to
communication, in order to
'tune-in' to each other, but that does not render each party
transparent/devoid of culture.

ade