[kj] (OT) Here's A Band That Believes In Their New Album

TB Partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Fri Oct 6 13:15:28 EDT 2006

Too bad Killing Joke didn't do this in '03 or for the current album:

>From Blabbermouth.com:

IRON MAIDEN performed its new album, "A Matter of Life and Death", in its
entirety during the opening concert of the band's North American tour, which
kicked off Wednesday night (October 4) in Hartford, Connecticut. The band's
setlist was as follows:

01. Different World
02. These Colours Don't Run
03. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
04. Pilgrim
05. Longest Day
06. Out of the Shadows
07. Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
08. For the Greater Good of God
09. Lord of Light
10. Legacy
11. Fear of the Dark
12. Iron Maiden
---------------------
13. 2 Minutes to Midnight
14. The Evil that Men Do
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Wow. No burned out warhorses like Running Free, Number of the Beast or Run
To The Hills either. Just fairly deep cuts for the older songs. I'm not
overwelmed by the new album although it is good, I'd consider seeing their
Irvine show just to watch the confused and pissed off audience after the
show. I wonder if that's singer Bruce Dickenson's "Fuck You" to their
American audience which he's been critical off the last few tours.

T.B.