[kj] OT: Filter

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 28 22:17:23 EST 2006

I never got into Filter, but that song "Take A Picture" is one of my favorite songs
i've ever heard. I could play it for hours, and have.
I never would've gotten KJ from it, but i do like acoustic guitar strumming in a song,
like Geordie on the Democracy cd, the Alarm, or early Cult.

And i think it a loss that Scott Weiland(sp?) and STP never hit their full potential.
I wish Scott all the luck and support in the world.

James Osborne <james_social at circlewithadot.net> wrote:
Are there any Filter fans here? Just curious. I haven't listened to them
since their last album came out in 02 or 03...anyway, I had them on my
car the other day, listening to Title of Record. The second track was
on, and my g/f said, "Man, they fucking sound like Killing Joke." I
went, "Huh?" She said, "Just listen, it sounds like Killing Joke. Even
the style of vocals in a way at times...."

After thinking about it, I think she's right. Anyone else think this as
well? The song that was on Welcome to the Fold (I think thats the name).

Anyone hear that new group that the vocalist is in with the guys from
STP? Fucking got the album thinking it was going to be good....ugh,
fucking garbage.

As the masters rot on walls
And the angels eat their grapes
I watched picasso