[kj] (OT) Brian James w/ The Damned One-Off Gig in London

TB partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Mon May 15 11:19:53 EDT 2006

gingoblin at easynet.co.uk wrote:

> They're not touring or playing as The Damned... just doing this gig to
> celebrate the 30th anniversary.  There was almost a full reunion and world
> tour, but it all fell apart. You think the internal wranglings etc of
> Killing Joke are bad? Try the Damned!
> Reckon this gig will be a good 'un... about time Scabies was back pounding
> the drums (last time I saw him he was playing for Donovan!!). Not so sure
> about the vocals though!

Brian's health is only so-so nowadays and he's getting up there in the
years. He's lost most of his teeth, his hair's mostly gone and he's put a
lot of miles on his body through the usual recreational excesses. Honestly,
I don't think he's got it in him to do any more full blown tours traversing
the globe these days so it's a pretty rare opportunity to see him playing
live.

T.B.