[kj] (OT) Brian James w/ The Damned One-Off Gig in London

Rob's Arse joker at Z6.com
Mon May 15 09:48:47 EDT 2006

I had a message from Casey about this. I think that he is a very odd choice for a singer. I like Amen but they are very hit and miss. I'm not so sure he can actually sing, but then again Vanian was a bit dodgy at the start wasn't he.

As for Scabies, he's got some interesting business methods by all accounts! Didn't he buy the rights for the first album and re-release it without cutting the others in? Of course this is highly speculative and could be considerably way off (if any lawyers are reading this!).

Apparently tickets go on sale on Friday by post only.

--- gingoblin at easynet.co.uk wrote:

From: gingoblin at easynet.co.uk
To: "A list about all things Killing Joke \(the band!\)" <gathering at misera.net>
Subject: RE: [kj] (OT) Brian James w/ The Damned One-Off Gig in London
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 14:37:17 +0100

They're not touring or playing as The Damned... just doing this gig to
celebrate the 30th anniversary.  There was almost a full reunion and world
tour, but it all fell apart. You think the internal wranglings etc of
Killing Joke are bad? Try the Damned!
Reckon this gig will be a good 'un... about time Scabies was back pounding
the drums (last time I saw him he was playing for Donovan!!). Not so sure
about the vocals though!

Oh, and the dress code for the gig raised a chuckle... "no bats or tutu's".

Dave in Edinburgh