[kj] Alegory and Logic Waft Among Us Now

Djehuti111 djehuti111 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 24 13:45:01 EST 2006

*yawn*

 (I can't believe that I'm taking the bait, it must be
the lack of sleep....)

 I just have one thing to say about all of this.

 "Alegory"

 Let's discuss Jaz's "Lightbringer" reference (since
that's what this thread was originally about after
all) shall we?

 "The rebellious spirit in you and me, the
LightBringer".

 Clearly "The Lightbringer" (ie: Lucifer) is the term
that Jaz is using to reference "the rebellious spirit
(not as in Spirits and Goblins wiseguy) in you and
me".

 Notice he doesn't say "The rebellious Angel".

 The line isn't pointing to a seperate entity, but an
emotion, a feeling, a drive.
 Not disimilar to Jung's theory of the Archetype.

 It comes from within, not without.

 Similarly "Satan" (The Adversary) can be used in
reference to whatever drive is inside us that causes
us to make "Bad" of self-harmful choices in our lives.

 Or to keep sending those emails when you know that
it's just a waste of time... ;)

 What is it that drives you pick up that next
cigarette, or to down that 5th martini and pick up the
car keys.
 What would you call "That" drive which makes us
subject ourselves to things that we know are dangerous
or are slowly killing us.

  And, since I'm on a Jung bender, it's not disimilar
to the "Shadow" self.

 But then again, Psychology only exists in my head,
after all I've never seen it. :D

 If you take everything only at face value, if you
only look at things only from an exoteric standpoint
you're selling yourself short.

 There's so much more than meets the eye. ;)

 There *are* 2 sides to every coin right?

 Oh, yeah....

> They only exist in peoples imaginations.

 Which means that you've admitted and just proven that
"they" exist.

 Then you backpedal...

> They dont physically exist, they only exist in
people > imaginations, therefore they dont exist

 Well, I've never met "Peter" (or any of his other
personalities or imaginary email aliases), so the only
places that he "exists" are in my imagination (Which
is unfortunate enough) and my "inbox".

 If I use your logic, it means that you don't exist.

 Oooh!
 Existential!

 But something tells me that a response is sure to
follow and that I'll have to entertain the "belief"
that "Peter" "exists".

A L P

--- FLIGHT BRINGER <flightbringer at hotmail.co.uk>
wrote:

> There is no evidence to suggest that they existed.
>     Where did they exist? Where were they created?
> What did they look like?
> Who were their parents. What food did they eat? What
> jobs did they do? What
> did they do on their days off? How did they
> communicate with others?
>    They only exist in peoples imaginations . You
> cannot prove that something
> did nt exist, if it did nt exist. The emphasis is on
> the people who believe
> in it to prove that it does exist, which they cant.
>    Hypothetically, if there was a Court case to
> determine Satans existence
> or not, and a jury heard all the evidence, which way
> do you think that they
> would cast their verdict?
>    They dont physically exist, they only exist in
> people imaginations,
> therefore they dont exist
>

> >From: Jim Harper <jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk>
> >To: "A list about all things Killing Joke (the
> band!)"
> ><gathering at misera.net>
> >Subject: Re: [kj] Adversaries and Lightbringers
> Walk Among Us Now
> >Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 12:48:55 +0000 (GMT)
> >
> >Prove they've never really existed Peter. Solve the
> age old question of
> >religion with one stroke of your mighty intellect.
> >
> >FLIGHT BRINGER <flightbringer at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>  Arent Lucifer and
> >Satan just figments of peoples immagination ? They
> have
> >never really existed have they? They belong in the
> same categeory as Jack
> >and the beanstalk. i.e fantasy.
> >

> >http://www.flipsidemovies.com
> >http://jimharper.blogspot.com

"The scene was wild and somewhat sinister. The
darkness, the palms, the mountainous background, the
silent lake below, the impenetrable canopy of space,
studded with secretive and significant stars, formed a
stupendous setting for the savage noise and blaze of
the ceremony."