[kj] OT: USA draw v. Italy (fucking bullshit!!!)

pssyche23 antoni at clara.net
Sun Jun 18 03:21:47 EDT 2006

The referee applied the letter of the law, if not kept within the spirit of
the game. It was FIFA's dictate that specific types of foul would be harshly
penalised. In a tournament such as this, it could lead to a rash of red
cards & destroy the spectacle. Some of the other refs though have been
slightly more leniant, preferring a common sense approach. I just thought it
was such a shame that McBride was in an "active" offside position as Buffon
fumbled as the 9 man USA deserved to win that match ... earlier, it was
glorious to see an uninhibited Ghana tearing the Czech Republic apart ...
without the mighty Peter Cech in goal it could have been 5-0.