[kj] Recent KJ trivia (and Raven)

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 08:42:49 EDT 2006

they did change ther approach on certain things when it started to turn into
a movement. They stopped using the anarchy tag with the growth of Class War
as it was a confusing element to what they were about.

We discussed this before but ill quote Matt of The The lyrics "if you cant
change the world change yourself" and to me that was what Crass were all
about. Self determination was what they were about, not creating social
anarchic systems of 'how to govern'.

I talked about this when i last met up with them after many years out of
contact. I did the peace camps and watched it become 'fashionable' and saw
the bs as well. I was very close to being on the infamous Peace Convoy and
the Stonehenge battle but at the time I had made my choice not to follow the
traveller route that many were starting to choose.

I was lucky to have them as my mentors (initially as the band with Feeding
etc and then as friends) at a risky moment in my life and they allowed me
the room to make my own choices. For that i can only love them. : )