[kj] aspects/elements of previous albums

Paul Rangecroft paul.rangecroft at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 09:46:03 EST 2006

But it could have had nothing in common with any previous albums (in terms
of style) and still been dire! We should indeed be thankful it's taken the
best aspects of the recent "loose canon" of work. Could you really have a
mix of the first four albums, anyway? I'd leave REVELATIONS alone for a
start. But generally I would agree the first four had unique styles and are
better albums than the last four.

So what two albums would people like to hear a mix of? I'd love a cross
between FIRE DANCES and EXTREMITIES..., a sort of warm version of the
latter, if you like. It was pretty dark, mostly because Jaz was fuming (and
he's still "not a murderer yet!").

Only time will tell how the latest album holds up but, like Bongo, my first
impressions are very good. I hope it sells well and many people get to hear
it.