[kj] Video high rez

DAVE AXFORD daxford at rogers.com
Wed Feb 8 09:43:36 EST 2006

Re: [kj] Video high rez

  Hmmmm.
  Not very well directed/edited is it?

  If I'm not mistaken, it was a one day shoot, so there is only so much source material to work with. I think some shots could be darker and some strange insert shots would help a lot... But that would require more shooting by a smaller second unit.

  The lack of pace make it rather comical.
  Jaz looks like more something off Cartoon Network - a villain from Kim Possible (is is wrong that I find her sexy?) coupled some bizarre Peter Pan marching ahead of the Lost Boys,
  ... and darling, the hat doesn't work

  "Indiana Jaz and the Temple of Doom" somehow comes to mind.

  with the make up and boiler suit and the boiler suit doesn't work with the paunch.
  Shame as it looked like a great place they filmed it.
  Shame as it's a great song.
  Fake raven's made me smile "You!  Put on this woolly hat and keep your head down"
  There was also some geezer towards the end who looked uncannily like Youth

  The closing shot from above with the circle of flames was great.
  Jaz in close up sans hat, worked.
  The one shot of georde was great
  Better paced - faster cuts and better editing it would have worked so much better.

  So, enough of this gay banter - any Gathereres make it to screen?

  --
  Gimme fat women and loose cars : Live life as in Hull