[kj] R.I.P. James Brown

first fossil firstfossil at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 26 08:39:45 EST 2006

True, I once saw a programme about Brown and Jaz popped up (in his respectful classical composer mode) saying that "James Brown is so exciting."

If you love his music, of course you lament his death, but I don't think it's very sincere to put up RIP messages just because of his place in music history - it's all academic.

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
No, what I'm saying is that Mik's failure to appreciate James Brown's
contributions to music makes him look a bit myopic.

I invoked the opinions of musicians we all lionize to support my
argument.

Alex in NYC