[kj] R.I.P. James Brown

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 26 07:41:29 EST 2006

No, what I'm saying is that Mik's failure to appreciate James Brown's
contributions to music makes him look a bit myopic.

I invoked the opinions of musicians we all lionize to support my
argument.

Alex in NYC

On Dec 26, 2006, at 6:03 AM, BS Crack wrote:

> Alex:Are you saying that just because of what Mik says goes against

> what you perceive may be different too what Jaz, Geordie, Skinny

> Paul ferguson and Youth says...........then that makes Mik wrong!!!!

> We are all individual independent Human beings Alex , What Jaz says

> (or what you perceive Jaz will say)is no more important or relevant

> to what Mik says.

> you seem to think that because Jaz used to be able to sing that his

> views are more important than Miks who could never sing .

> This World need to prioritise its concerns .

> Alex: Your News Years resolution should be: I shall no longer

> see Jaz as a higher being .

> --- vassifer at earthlink.net wrote:

> From: Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net>

> To: "A list about all things Killing Joke \(the band!\)"

> <gathering at misera.net>

> Subject: Re: [kj] R.I.P. James Brown

> Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 22:49:38 -0500

> Cripes on a crutch. I was never a fan of James Brown -- but for

> cryin' out loud, give the poor man his due.

> You're all so bitter it's entirely frightening. Tell Big Paul or Jaz

> or Youth or Raven about the passing of James Brown and I dare say

> they'd have reverent things to say.

> Alex in NYC

> On Dec 25, 2006, at 8:50 PM, Mik Raven wrote:

>> James Brown was shit but the Blues Brothers was quite an

>> entertaining film.

>> I will not shed a tear for James Brown but dread the endless

>> tributes that

>> are bound to follow his death. The only music he influenced was

>> crap and he

>> was just a criminal who some people thought could sing.

>> Mik

>>> end. It's no big deal. Or are you trying to come across as being a

>>> compassionate nice guy ?

>>> James Brown is dead. So what. A child dies every three second of

>>> everyday in this World.

>>> The Blues Brothers film would have been just as good if he did nt

>>> make his

>>> brief appearance.

>>> Hes dead. We all die in the end. Get over it.

>>> --- blazingstar418 at yahoo.com wrote:

>>> From: Blazingstar418 <blazingstar418 at yahoo.com>

>>> To: gathering at misera.net

>>> Subject: [kj] R.I.P. James Brown

>>> Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 12:08:46 -0800 (PST)

>>> http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/12/25/

>>> entertainment/e

>> 103545S46.DTL

>>> "The scene was wild and somewhat sinister. The darkness, the

>>> palms, the

>>> mountainous background, the silent lake below, the impenetrable

>>> canopy of

>>> space, studded with secretive and significant stars, formed a

>>> stupendous

>>> http://mail.yahoo.com

>>> http://www.ultimateemail.com/free-email-addresses.html