[kj] R.I.P. James Brown

Lennonka svoje.ja at centrum.cz
Tue Dec 26 17:56:14 EST 2006

Yes, if you don't understand it, Jaz is truly fucked up with the death of his brother - musician.
So, please, for the fallen heroes, pay the piety.

> Od: firstfossil at yahoo.co.uk

> Komu: "A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)" <gathering at misera.net>

> Datum: 26.12.2006 21:08

> Předmět: Re: [kj] R.I.P. James Brown

>True, I once saw a programme about Brown and Jaz popped up (in his

respectful classical composer mode) saying that "James Brown is so
exciting."

> If you love his music, of course you lament his death, but I don't

think it's very sincere to put up RIP messages just because of his place
in music history - it's all academic.

> Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net

> No, what I'm saying is that Mik's failure to appreciate James Brown's

>contributions to music makes him look a bit myopic.

>I invoked the opinions of musicians we all lionize to support my

>argument.

>Alex in NYC

>On Dec 26, 2006, at 6:03 AM, BS Crack wrote:

>> Alex:Are you saying that just because of what Mik says goes against

>> what you perceive may be different too what Jaz, Geordie, Skinny

>> Paul ferguson and Youth says...........then that makes Mik wrong!!!!

>> We are all individual independent Human beings Alex , What Jaz says

>> (or what you perceive Jaz will say)is no more important or relevant

>> to what Mik says.

>> you seem to think that because Jaz used to be able to sing that his

>> views are more important than Miks who could never sing .

>> This World need to prioritise its concerns .

>> Alex: Your News Years resolution should be: I shall no longer

>> see Jaz as a higher being .

>> --- vassifer at earthlink.net wrote:

>> From: Alexander Smith

>> To: "A list about all things Killing Joke \(the band!\)"

>> Subject: Re: [kj] R.I.P. James Brown

>> Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 22:49:38 -0500

>> Cripes on a crutch. I was never a fan of James Brown -- but for

>> cryin' out loud, give the poor man his due.

>> You're all so bitter it's entirely frightening. Tell Big Paul or Jaz

>> or Youth or Raven about the passing of James Brown and I dare say

>> they'd have reverent things to say.

>> Alex in NYC

>> On Dec 25, 2006, at 8:50 PM, Mik Raven wrote:

>>> James Brown was shit but the Blues Brothers was quite an

>>> entertaining film.

>>> I will not shed a tear for James Brown but dread the endless

>>> tributes that

>>> are bound to follow his death. The only music he influenced was

>>> crap and he

>>> was just a criminal who some people thought could sing.

>>> Mik

>>> 103545S46.DTL

>>> http://ideas.live.com