[kj] OT: MAKE IT STOP! - juice

Papa Lazarou circuit_bender at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 8 21:19:52 EDT 2006

Firedances = marching powder
  KJ1 + WTF = Huffity
  Extremities = alcohol
  hosannas = alcohol, possibly some bennies or moggies, with one or two huffities
  pandamonium = mdma

CEPLASTER at aol.com wrote:
      Dear Alex,

          Very sorry to hear about the tinnitus.   By all rights I should have it but don't.  I have heard that certain things aggravate the condition (possibly caffeine), but you definitely have to be careful with that ipod.  that sound going straight into your eardrums with no dispersion or diffusion or whatever you want to call it is definitely unhealthy.  I am hearing more and more news items concerning younger kids developing hearing issues as a result of ipod abuse.
           Even Pete Townsend, who is kind of a poster person for tinnitus, has said that he thinks the thing that did his ears in wasn't all the loud gigs as much as it was going home shitfaced after the gigs,  and working on his demos with the head phones cranked up.
           Oh yeah,   I think I remember hearing that alcohol slows down the ears ability to shut down and protect itself when being subjected to loud volume.   Back in the 80's and early 90's there was a music biz term called a "cocaine mix",  which applied to records that were abnormally bright and trebly sounding, due to the fact that the mix engineer was blowing rails and his sensistivity to high end was being dulled out (kinda like the sound of Fire Dances compared to the sound of Hosannas.)  fire Dances sounds like coke, Hosannas sounds like booze (or maybe robitussin.)
             Anyway, I'll do some asking around and see if I can find any info for you.  Take care, Carl P.