[kj] Favourite songs from my top ten albums

Jpwhkj at aol.com Jpwhkj at aol.com
Mon Oct 31 06:30:03 EST 2005

Hi Mikael,

Fair point, although this topic started out with someone saying that Eighties shouldn't be on Night Time 'cos it comes from a different era of the Joke, so I was partly following a chronological theory of styles...

But anyway, personally speaking, I think it *sounds* pre-Fire Dances, and very unlike the other tracks suggested for the missing 1984 LP. I think there's a very distinctive sound spanning Me Or You through to A New Day, bridging the gap between Fire Dances and Night Time... and Birds of a Feather doesn't have it.

But I'm not a musician... and doubtless many here will cry Heresy for saying Me Or You and Eighties share the same style!

Jamie