[kj] Favourite songs from my top ten albums

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Fri Oct 28 17:20:57 EDT 2005

gingoblin at easynet.co.uk said:

>Eighties was the soundtrack of
>the summer of 1984... my 12" was a big hit at the local under-18's disco
>where I lived. And yes, I did word that last bit in full knowledge it could
>be read in a totally different way!  It wasn't the Walton Hop I may add
>;-)                   But it's true, even the Madonna and Wham fans started
>getting into it.

"Eighties" is the true tale of the decade, that I always hear in my head
when I encounter low-lifes telling tales about the corporate mainstream
80's style and music. It's very common that the story of the underground
in the eighties isn't told, at least not properly.
So I don't think it's stinker at all, I really think the riff works. Some
of the 12" mixes were perhaps too timid and too long, but that's not
something to hanged up on I think. Just listen to the album mix or hop it.