[kj] o.t. Peter Murphy live

Geoffrey ODonoghue go1845 at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 23:27:28 EDT 2005

And just to keep things balanced - some positive reviews from the tour website (http://www.petermurphy.info/tours/unshattered/framesetlivereviews.html)

"I was absolutely blown away by Peter Murphy's performance in D.C. I had never seen him live, and I was beyond impressed by his voice, his warmth and his showmanship. He utterly commanded the stage -- there was no way that anyone at the 9:30 Club took their eyes off him during the 90-minute show. Whatever sound problems there were at the earlier shows must have been fixed, because Peter's voice soared effortlessly above the music."

and

"The show in DC was spectacular. Peter's voice was better than ever and his on stage energy just makes it an unforgettable experience. He ended with my all time favorite song and I could not have been happier. We had such a good time, I think we're driving the 4 hours up to NY to catch that show as well. He and his new band were amazing!"
I personally have never seen Peter Murphy or Bauhaus in concert.

Geoff

P Bernardi <phantasmas at erols.com> wrote:
I just returned from seeing him in D.C. tonight. It was bad. Real bad.
Unbelievably bad.

First off, muthafucker needs to shave his bald ass head.

Second, get rid of that awful mustache - he seriously looked like John
Waters.

Third - I felt Murphy, as the years have gone by, has turned into the
Neil Diamond of goth/alternative. But this time he has completely jumped
that shark and should be doing Disney on Ice. His awful clothes, over
singing like he's at a karoke and doing these posturings as if he's a
stand in for sigfried and roy.

4th - his new band sucks. nothing exciting there

5th - Murphy attempted to play guitar tonight and he cant play. It was
stiff, kept accidentally muting strings, just fucking ruined the songs.

6th - the new songs failed to spark any interest in purchasing the
current album

7th - NO HOT CHIX ATTENDED THIS SHOW

8th - so many slow, monotonous songs thru the set. For fucks sake, play
The Scarlet Thing in You or Low Room or Kill the Hate or do a fucking
Bauhaus cover.

9th - His opening act was crap also - some dumpy chix singing, reminded
me of Evanescence or Sarah Mclachlin, which i detest both. She comes on
stage on does a "duet" w/ Murphy for some song off of Cascade (cant
recall the title but its a slow one at the end of the album). At no
point in their performance were they in Harmony. Dreadful.

crap, im gonna stop - i gotta get some sleep, I could go on and on and
on......

oh, and British Sea Power blew chunks last Thursday too. But I believe
they were having major stage monitor problems and their sound guy did a
bad job of mixing them.

rant over. nighty night.

http://mail.yahoo.com