[kj] re: jihad/Beyrouth

peter.west410 peter.west410 at ntlworld.com
Sat May 14 10:05:48 EDT 2005

You really cant blame the media for everything.They only report on what
happens,The Islamic groups called themselves "Jihad" not the media.
   Its nothing to do with "Individuality or follow the leader" Its to do
with correctly understanding each other.You are free to use the word
"Jihad"in whatever context you so wish,But you are liable to be
misunderstood.
    Language is an evolving form and its important to keep up,Would you tell
everyone "Its such a nice day today,Im feeling rather gay?"
   No you would nt ,because "gay" used to mean "happy", but now it means "a
poof".So words do change there meaning.
    Why do you want to use Arabic words anyway?Surely you can find English
words that everyone will understand.

       PW