[kj] re: jihad/Beyrouth

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Sat May 14 13:29:40 EDT 2005

i accept that you shouldnt simply blame the media for everything,
however your referencing the term of Jihad comes from the media as i
doubt that any of you are accessing Islamic istes. I refer you to the
The The material in the 80's that was warning about the islamaphobia
seeds being sewn by Thatcher and the religious right.
Coming onto your point which simply mirrored my aknowledgement that
terms can change meaning and the gay term is an overused example. If
there is a general concensus that x is right it doesnt neceaaraily
mean that it is. You may disagree with the widely used concensus that
chelsea bought the league, but by your own arguments you seem to
suggest that we should accept this as its now widely used!
as to your final note, people can use whatever term they want if its
their artform. If you are so closed to this practice one wonders what
attracts you to this particular band but then again we sort of get the
gist of your purpose here.

over and out, off to newcastle

--
iPat