[kj] OT-kentucky zombie terror

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 06:42:42 EST 2005

when you live in arab states you do feel safe. Now whether this comes
down to the hand chopping or regular floggings in their corporal
punishment philosophy i wouldnt know.
As a youngster we watched the crowds flock to a mosque who went to
witness the flogging of a rapist. Public humiliation, religious
humiliation and pain including incarceration may do the job but the
question is whether you condone fear for control purposes. To me it
doesnt matter who is in charge as if they control through the use of
fear and force then they are the same. It doesnt matter whether it was
Kerry or Bush as the institution would still be there, draining
resources for their own benefit.

Now as others have said, there isnt proof that torture works. I once
said the biggest lies in a cell in sunny suffolk after i received a
hiding from the friendly boys on the beat. Community policing a front
for low level torture. Seems to me though if someone isnt afraid of
dying, why would they crumble to fear?

The miners strike showed us in this country that you cant trust the
media either when they became instruments of the state in controling
public perception. Orgreave being the case in principle. ITN distorted
the events of a protest that turned public opinion against the strike.

The miners strike also taught me that the politcs of convenience is
very much alive. How many of the middle class who went out and jolly
well waved those cards against the war are still playing on the stock
exchange, investing in the very machine that demands the war and gains
from the profits it makes? what do you think makes the pension trust
grow?

But i was able to spend time with people i didnt know for a short
period whos only common connection was a liking for a band. Now thats
what makes life living. People getting on regardless of anything
really.

--
iPat
live for today, live for tomorrow