[kj] your first "punk" gig.....

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 08:51:26 EDT 2005

psychobilly: mekons - hicky was roadcrew! Always kicking off
Crass (later released on cd) in Perth was an exciting encounter where the
Poisens smuggled me and others out of Perth for our own safety in the back
of their ambulance.
Sham gigs were always violent
Upstarts were always troublesome as were 4 skins, 4be2's. Bristol was always
dangerous.
Ramones in 79 was nasty in Colchester
At the Clash gig some bouncers went over the top so when Siouxsie played teh
next wek it became a blood bath.
i could go on but violence was part n parcel of gigs and when it wasnt
amongst sections of the crowd it was against the police. A conflict gig was
really bad
Specials did Sight n Sound on BBC2. The BBC edited out the running riot at
the back of the hall with the nf.
Cant ever recall violence at any Joke gigs i was at.
 book:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/026-5433574-9582866

--
iPat
There is the urge that makes for conformity, and the urge to be free.