[kj] your first "punk" gig.....

Jpwhkj at aol.com Jpwhkj at aol.com
Thu Jun 30 07:11:58 EDT 2005

iPat <pmdavies at gmail.com> writes:

>it was my first gig scrap, a crass gig when the nf kicked off.

Amazingly, I've never actually had a fight at a gig. I've broken up a few though ('cos we're all punks together, right). The first one was at the Clarendon in Hammersmith, where some harmless drunken idiot was about to take a real pasting from a massive psychobilly (think a beefier version of Jel with a mohican and cut-off "muscle" t-shirt). Anyway, I was 16, and alone at my second or third gig (Lords, I think), and figured that I had to break it up. So when Mr P Billy drew his arm back for the killer punch, I grabbed it by the biceps. It was somewhat alarming to realise that my hand didn't even go half-way round his arm. Eek! He turned round, and took a swing at me: I ducked, and the haymaker skimmed harmlessly over my head. He turned back to the harmless loon (who was so drunk he hadn't taken the opportunity to escape) and lined up another punch. Someone else grabbed his arm, and he swung at them (and missed). Back to the loon: so I grabbed him again. Again he flailed at me, and again he missed. So then me and the other chap took it in turns to grab him as he prepared to flatten Mr Drunk, and took it in turns to duck the irritated flailings. Eventually the drunk got himself together and left. Phew...

>However, if you read Penny's book the NF saw them as their band to begin with!

What book?

Jamie