[kj] OT: Tookie and Arnie

gingoblin at easynet.co.uk gingoblin at easynet.co.uk
Tue Dec 13 16:10:50 EST 2005

At 12:20 13/12/2005 -0800, Tom wrote:
><Should Tookie have been put to death?>
>
>Yes.  He didn't own up to his wrongdoing and showed no remorse for the
>victims so that validates his execution in my opinion.

I heard an interview with him on radio just last week where he talked about
this. He certainly owned up to past wrong-doing, but justified his lack of
remorse regarding these killings as due to the fact that he was innocent of
this crime.    Of course, this then opens up a round of back and forth
regarding his guilt in this case, but it isn't right to make out he had to
remorse for past wrongs.
Bottom line for me is that even if he was a total bastard, State-sanctioned
killing is just wrong. It's barbaric, and I for one sure as fuck don't
trust the State!