[kj] OT: Tookie and Arnie

Thomas Kennedy tkennedy1999 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 13 15:20:42 EST 2005

<Should Tookie have been put to death?>

  Yes.  He didn't own up to his wrongdoing and showed no remorse for the victims so that validates his execution in my opinion.  If I was governor would I have spared him?  Yes, I would have because of his positive contributions to society (his books, etc...) while in prison - he should have been given life without the possibility of parole.

  Tom.

nicholas fitzpatrick <gasw30 at hotmail.com> wrote:
  And today's big issue is: Should Tookie have been put to death?

I don't know enough about the facts to say at the moment. Not that it
matters.

Is it true that it was his lawyers that nominated him for the Nobel Peace
Prize? That's what someone on the BBC website said, but then that's about as
reliable a source as The Gathering ;)

Nick