[kj] OT Hurry Caine

fatpotanga fatpotanga at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 17:03:31 EDT 2005

> I think that you will find that 10 000 years ago the World was in an ice
> age, back then the world was uninhabitable, but the world began to heat up
> and the ice melted and life was possible.

Actually, there was life. Lots of it.
1st incarnation of Œman¹ appeared give or take a day 3,000,000 years BC
Homo Sapiens & Neanderthals about 500,000 BC
The Ice Age ­ about 1,000,000 years BC actually allowed early man to
populate the globe by crossing the frozen expanses interlinking
countries/continents

>     The world has gradually been heating up for over 10 000 years and the
> current changes are just a natural progression.

True, but during roughly the last 100 or so years we¹ve pumped billions of
tons of pollutants into the atmosphere.
Tell me that hasn¹t made an impact. It¹s considerably sped it up.
When we were kids (in the UK at least) summers were always hot and there was
always snow in winter. Now we have brief extremes punctuating a general
mush.
Surely you must have noticed that Peter?

>     So just accept it and dont worry about it.

I do though. I have children & I worry about what the world will throw at
them as a consequence. I am also in awe of the planet we live on.
Divine hand or some cosmic accident, it¹s truly mind blowing & it deserves
to be protected and respected.
Did you know that the UK is running out of landfill sites? That¹s scary.
There are a few near me and they¹re vast manmade hills of crap seeping gunk
into the water table.

>    The world may get too hot for humans and then we will die out.

Global warming will actually bring on an Ice age.
It¹s all to do with the Gulf Stream...

A new species will then evolve and take our place

Very true. Probably rats

Actually, if we suddenly cleared up the air, we¹d be in shit as well because
all the CO2¹s in the air are helping filter the harmful UV rays the depleted
ozone used to.

Heads you win, tails you lose.

Now look what you¹ve made me do.
All this typing & I have a deadline -  I¹m supposed to be working & the kids
need shoes...  =:¬)