[kj] PTV was: TG Wreckers/Coil

Leigh Newton angrytomhanks at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 22 00:10:12 EDT 2005

That seems to be the problem every which where these
days. The availability of music has taken such a sad
turn in recent years. Seems similiar to music video
stations. I'm not really sure how it is or was on MTV,
but i know that here in Canada, Muchmusic used to be
really cool. It was just a totally random selection of
videos throughout the day - the cure, queen, anthrax,
TLC, kate bush, elvis costello, violent femmes, etc
etc - just like a video jukebox, really. Then there
were also a bunch of shows, like the metal show, the
rap show, the alternative show, blah blah. Now, i
guess because people can see MTV via digital cable,
they feel they have to compete, so it's just a bunch
of horrible, celebrity-obsessed bullshit about cars
and contests and fucking slogan-spewing assholes. God
forbid you ever see a video in its entirety anymore.
Was MTV ever cool?

Anyways, it seems like the same goes as far as record
stores are concerned. I was in one today and there was
just nothing, nothing, NOTHING. I was getting so
pissed off, and coming around a corner and seeing
brand-spanking new Ramones shirts beside shirts that
read "Mullets Rule!" wasn't helping matters any. I
came out ok though. I got the new Locust EP which is
10 minutes of insanity sandwiched between interesting,
electronic breaks; a used copy of Lash by the Jesus
Lizard, and a DVD i didn't even know existed. It's a
Slayer show from their most recent tour and it's the
Reign in Blood album in full, plus a few other songs.
Pretty awesome. Anyways, sorry for rambling on and on.
I just saw Alex's message and it reignited all the
frustrations i was feeling earlier.

Leigh