[kj] OT: Ich Bin ein PUBLISHED WRITER!

Alex Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 21 21:48:36 EDT 2005

Yeah, it's true. Via my friend, German rock writer Sky Nonhoff (the Deutsch Lester Bangs), my vitriolic screeds are now available for the perusal of unsuspecting record collectors and music geeks throughout the Fatherland. As the title suggests, "Don't Believe the Hype: Die meistuberschtazten Platten der Popgeschitchte", much like a Stateside book I shan't name, is focussed on the toppling of sacred cows. Sky had me unload on Patti Smith's HORSES and Guns'n'Roses' APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION, which I happily did. Multilingual Sky then translated my rants into his native tongue. Being that I don't speak a lick of German other than "Schnel!", "Achtung" and "Einsturzende Neubauten," I honestly have no idea how my copy reads or if it even owes anything to my original text. But, hey....who is complaining?

Anyway, seek it out, Euro-Gatherers (I'm looking right at you, Misera) and lemme know what you think.

See it here:

http://www.bookzilla.de/shop/action/productDetails?aUrl=90006951&artiId=3086187

Danke Schon!

Alex in NYC