[kj] BTATS symbol - again

fatpotanga fatpotanga at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 06:04:03 EDT 2005

Anything can mean something to someone, even if only on a personal level.
My wife & I have a few little codes - they're irrelevant to everyone except
us but that doesn't make it meaningless.
No knowledge is useless, even if it's only of use to a single person.

The symbol on BTATS fascinates me.
As we all know, Brighter Than a Thousand Suns is taken from Oppenheimer's
description of the atom bomb.
Is it coincidence that the sleeve features a symbol of 4 compass points
aligned N, E S, W being engulfed by a sun like ball of fire?
The compass points are linked by at what first appears to be symmetrical
grid of lines except the western point is slightly different.
Coincidence then that the West develops a weapon that could destroy the
earth and the western point of the symbol is highlighted?
Also of the 4 elements isn't Fire the 4th?
Coincidence that all this appears on an album titled after the atom bomb by
a band keen on symbology?
I'm sure there's more lurking in there possbily relating to the Baghavad
Gita & Oppenheimer's quoting form it. "I am become death, the destroyer of
worlds."

Of course I may be talking crap but in my little head that seems to stack
up.
Whether it's from from the bods at Stylorouge or somewhere else I'm curious
as to the origin of this and whether I'm on the right track.

FP