[kj] Jaz would nt appreciate this article

Dave Axford daxford at rogers.com
Wed Apr 6 08:44:17 EDT 2005

> "How do you think women and their role in society have developed in the
> capitalist world?"
>
>   They are taking over,and society is worsening for it.We used to get good programmes on TV (Sweeney,MinderFools&
> horses ect ect and Eastenders used to be good) but since females have taken
> over the BBC all we get is Changing rooms and cookery & Gardening
> programmes

In North America we have the "500 channel syndrom" otherwise known as "specialty programming". The Broadcasting Commissions give away the rights to televise much more easily than they did say 20 years ago. As a result programs are being made by smaller and smaller companies which have little more than a video camera, an editing suite and an opinion... Inexpensive progamming is not due to women "taking over", it's simply what the market will bear in a 500 channel universe.

Dave