[kj] Jaz would nt appreciate this article

peter.west410 peter.west410 at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 6 05:48:47 EDT 2005

 The latest figure, compiled by world hunger groups and such, is 50,000 die
each day due to hunger and preventable disease (like diherrea due to
untreated  drinking water, or, in the UK, to Peter West's open mouth, lol).
I think the  figure used to be 30,000 a day, but I'm not sure how it's
changed in recent  years.

*******Yes,Only because the world s population has increased.Its a sad fact
that populations of some countries produce an unsustainable amount of
people.They may have ten kids and five may make it to teenage years.These
countries receive aid from the West,Its the corruption on a local scale that
stops the needy receiving.
    If these countries cant sustain themselves,Would you be happy if the
West took over these countries and put them straight?*******

 Second, the fact that tech-related consumer goods get cheaper with time is
both good and bad. Good for the consumer, but bad because the labour
required to  produce each unit is less. That means that the company profits
less on each  unit sold (for example, a cell phone solf for $50 yeilds less
profit than one  sold for $100). And guess what happens when less profit is
made? Wages, hours,  benefits, etc. go down!
*******So how come the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting
poorer?

That's why the total buying power is going down (and
> people are less able to afford necessities). For example, when I WAS A
KID,
> almost everyone could afford to buy a home by around age 30, even if you
didn't go
> to college. Now, it's a complete fantasy to buy a home before age 30, and
if
> you didn't go to college it takes even longer, or never. Karl Marx
predicted
> all this 150 years ago and it came true--not fortune telling, just
economics.

*********House prices go up and down,Wait until the price crashes,then
purchase************