[kj] Jaz would nt appreciate this article

peter.west410 peter.west410 at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 6 06:21:41 EDT 2005

If you will notice Greg,The countries where people are starving are the
countries that never fully embraced Capitalism.
   You keep referring to Countries that make consumer goods for The West,But
I will name five Counties who were piss poor third world countries who
started making things for the |West and who are now developed,enriched and
no longer require foreign help:Taiwan,South Korea,Thailand ,Hong kong,
Malaysia......And China is getting there.These places all started off "Being
slaves to the West" ,gradually built up their wealth ,And can now stand on
their own feet
     The counties that never started to produce things are the ones where
all the problems are.
    So,Stop looking for negatives and so-called injustices and look at the
benefits of the Status Quo.

        PW

> The latest figure, compiled by world hunger groups and such, is 50,000 die
> each day due to hunger and preventable disease (like diherrea due to
untreated
> drinking water, or, in the UK, to Peter West's open mouth, lol). I think
the
> figure used to be 30,000 a day, but I'm not sure how it's changed in
recent
> years.
> Second, the fact that tech-related consumer goods get cheaper with time is
> both good and bad. Good for the consumer, but bad because the labor
required to
> produce each unit is less. THat means that the company profits less on
each
> unit sold (for example, a cell phone solf for $50 yeilds less profit than
one
> sold for $100). And guess what happens when less profit is made? Wages,
hours,
> benefits, etc. go down! That's why the total buying power is going down
(and
> people are less able to afford necessities). For example, when I WAS A
KID,